What my second year at University taught me

Seeing as last year i wrote a post about my first year at university and what i had learnt, i thought it was apt if i updated you all on what my second year of uni has taught me.
* If you haven't read the other blog post... i suggest you do What my first year at University taught me

  1. You get to live with your best friends 
  2. In my second year of uni i have formed better and stronger friendships
  3. Refreshers is SO MUCH BETTER than freshers!

4. Your uni home becomes more like 'home home' than halls did
 Because of this, our house went to town around Christmas, from; a Christmas tree, tinsel, matching Pj's and a Christmas Dinner before everyone went home. It was no joke. 



5. I took a pathway year this year, meaning for half my year i studied law and for the remainder of the year i am studying business (although some people done a work placement) and i learnt that the business side of my course is WAY more laid back, everyone is basically horizontal 

6. Specifically in your second year (from my experience and my friends), there is a fair bit of group work. This could be group coursework, group presentations or just within seminars and i can confidently say that group work is bitter sweet. There will always be that one person who doesn't show up or makes minimal effort. 

7. I learnt to be spontaneous this year. A year ago the only memories i had of uni was work and maybe being crazy and dancing in the kitchen... but this year i have learnt to say yes more and because of it made so many amazing memories.(and so many more to come #ZANTE'18)

8. My second year at uni has improved my confidence and i can't help but put this down to surrounding myself with good people and finding my best friends for life. Compared to last year i was alone a lot! There were no communal areas in halls, unless you went to the common room, where there was 1 TV to share between 100 people. Having a living room has made the world of difference and not only this but i hardly spend any time alone in my room like last year.

9. Pressure to find experience and to know exactly what and where you're going after uni

10. Overall, i have learnt this year that Uni is so much more than just a degree. Last year i took everything so seriously and this year i learnt to enjoy my time here as i'm quickly realising how soon graduation is and then i'm in the 'real world'.


I also asked some of my friends on what they learnt this year at uni and here's what they said:
Uni work takes over your entire life and you never have time to do anything else -Housemate 
You figure out who your true friends are - Housemate 
Don't take first year so seriously because uni goes by so quickly, just enjoy it! -Course friend 
 Charlotte x

Comments

Popular Posts