A letter to my 30 year old self...

Since my letter to my 16 year old self seemed to be popular, I think it would interesting to write to my future self.

So, here is to 30 year old Charlotte.

First of all, I hope you're happy and the world isn't as corrupt as it seems right now.

In terms of lifestyle, do you have a job? (I mean a good one, you make a rubbish waitress so something you're good at?) and is it in law? Was the degree a total waste? I hope not.
Also, where do you live? I hope by 30 you have your own house... and perhaps married or at least engaged?(Lewis better pull his finger out)

I want you to know that I won't be disappointed if you don't have children yet. I have a feeling that will happen later on, but don't worry, you wont be a regular mom... you'll be a cool mom.
Image result for mean girls cool mom

Did you manage to join the gym in second year at Uni? You're thinking about it now- I hope you keep to it!! Tell me the truth, I wont be mad. Unless you got fat, then I'll get angry.

I think by 30 you also need to grow up a little. For example... mushrooms.
It is probably the only food you don't like and they are in everything, just woman up and eat them for god's sake!!

Keeping it real, I really hope by 30 you manage to become more independent. Over the years you have battled to stick up for yourself. I would love for you to voice your opinion more because it matters.

You also should keep in touch with friends more! You're pretty bad at this now, and this is why you always say you have no friends. You do, you need to keep in touch and stop loosing them.


Lastly, value everything you have and everything you have achieved.
Who knows where technology will be in 11 years and if things such as Instagram and Blogging are still a thing, but it would be interesting to reply this this letter when i am 30 to see where i am as a 'proper' adult.

I hope by writing this post many people can reflect on where they would like to be or how far they have come.
Many people will know what an arrow signifies but it is a good quote to reflect on:
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great."

Love slightly optimistic and native 19 Year Old Charlotte x

Comments

Popular Posts