8 wishes for 2018

New Year, New Me? Possibly...

A new year means new opportunities, new successes, failures and hopes for what the year will bring.
I have already seen many 'this year will be my year', and 'this year is going to be different' and i personally have 8 wishes for this year which i would like to share:

  1. Self-care 
    'Self-Care' means many things for many people but for me it means being aware. Being aware of thoughts and emotions and starting to address why you feel certain ways and finding ways to soothe yourself. This can be as simple as having a shower, freshening up and putting a bit of make up on. Self care can also mean Counselling, talking therapies and asking for help. For me, my self-care routine is having a long hot shower, watching YouTube videos and talking to family and friends. (And maybe having a tub of Ben and Jerry’s...)
  2. Volunteering
    My second wish is for 2018 to be the year i volunteer and feel a sense of pride of doing something selflessly without the reward of what it'll bring me. It sounds completely cliche and 'oh good for you, Miss goodbody'... but apart of me has always loved helping other people whether it is by talking about taboos topics, advice or just being a shoulder to cry on.
    (Quite the Agony Aunt i’ll have you know). 
  3. Confidence 
    As i get older, naturally, my confidence grows as i start to understand who i am now.
    However, there is still that part of me that struggles with what people think when you put yourself out there, it's difficult to overcome the possibilities of people not liking you or what you do. For example, starting my YouTube channel last year is something i would like to work on more this year, perhaps broadening the horizon of just travel videos. 
  4. Save
    This year i want to SAVE, and i mean properly save. I'm not sure about anyone else but when i see on my UniDays app 30% off at Missguided, i struggle to understand why i don't need 3 bodysuits, a skirt and a dress.
     Do you understand? 
  5. Family
    This year i want to do more and see more and that includes seeing my family.
     After loosing my Granddad in December 2017 it really has put into prospective my priorities and one being my family, my grandma and reconnecting with cousins and spending quality time with people i love. 
  6. You only get out what you put in
    Ultimately this is the motto i want to live by this year and this applies to family, work, friends and even the gym... yes i said it. My journey into the world of fitness started October 2017 (momentarily paused over Christmas i must admit) but i hope this year to build strength and confidence within myself. 
  7. Say Yes
    As simple as that. Say yes to more, do more, be more. (linking back to my motto in wish 6)
  8. Adventure 
    I ended 2017 by booking another holiday with my beloved to Portugal in July (watch out for the vlog to follow that holiday... it will be the best so far) and hope to follow the year by more holidays and mini breaks and spontaneous adventures with friends, family and Lewis. 
Image result for Happy new  year



I hope your 2018 is all you want it to be,
Happy New Year everyone!

Charlotte x

Comments

Popular Posts