2018- In Reflection


At the beginning of the year i wrote a blog post called '8 wishes for 2018' and is currently my most popular blog post i have published. I thought it would be apt to reflect on the wishes i had for 2018 and see which wishes came true.

1 .Self care (True)
I started off 2018 taking a big step into self-care which i hadn't before and over the course of the year, self-care has needed to become a part of my routine. Self-care looks different for different people, but for me this involves learning to put myself as a priority and recognising how i feel and doing something about it. Talking therapies helped me massively in 2018 and admitting you're not ok is the first step to doing something about it. For half of last year i suffered with minor- moderate depression which evolved by recognising i suffer with SAD around Christmas time.
Self-care should be apart of everyone's routine and life!

2. Volunteering (True-ish)
My second wish at the beginning of 2018 was volunteering, although i had not accomplished this in 2018, i have at the beginning of 2019 (which im counting as wish 2 complete)

3. Confidence (True)
My confidence has grown over 2018, I'm learning to stand up for myself more

4. Save (Not True)
Ahh, saving, saving, saving. I had done this in 2018, however, holidays and Christmas had demolished this

5. Family (TRUE)
Family has been a very important part of my year this year with it, in fairness, being a difficult year. This year has taught me to truly cherish my family because at any minute, everything can change!

6. You only get out what you put in (True)
I'm still attending the gym (hurrayy for me), who would have thought!!

7. Say Yes (True)  - I have said yes more than ever in 2018, doing 3 holidays and 1 festival and other mini breaks in-between

8. Adventure (True)
Linking back to wish 7, i have had the most adventures ever in 2018, and as i mentioned in my '8 wishes for 2018, the Madeira Vlog is the best one yet! - check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjVdPd59ROc

2018- you were bitter sweet. 
But here are my fav memories from the year:

FAMILY


FRIENDS

Watch out for my next blog post- 9 wishes for 2019
Charlotte x

Comments

Popular Posts