My 2020 Mindset

2020- The year of seeing things clearly 

Below are a list of things i am doing to create a clear, positive and productive mindset for 2020.

Positive affirmations- 'I CAN' Attitude 

I had herd of 'positive affirmations' before, but never really understood what they meant or how powerful they could be. Towards the end of 2019 i had this 'I can't', or 'I'm not able to' attitude. 
What i have come to understand is your mind is so powerful, and telling yourself you CANT do things can equate to i DON'T. I believed i COULDN'T drive, i COULDN'T get a new job. As opposed to i CAN drive my car, i CAN get a new job. I CAN do anything i put my mind to. I AM wise, i AM intelligent, i AM in control of my thoughts. 
Believing i CAN and AM worthy of success has manifested into new opportunities arising for me which did not previously when i believed i COULDN'T.

Budgeting 

2020 is the year of 'adulting' and taking responsibility for myself and my finances. I have created a 2020 'budget' and 'actuals' spreadsheet so i know how much money i have coming in and how much money i have coming out each month and over the year. From this i am able to see how i can invest and save my money wisely so i am able to do things i want to do like starting to save for a deposit towards a house.


Believing& Achieving 

This is very similar to what i mentioned before but believing i am able to do things i set my mind to is allowing me to achieve goals i want to achieve. If i believe i am cable of achieving then i WILL achieve. 

Organisation -“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”

One of my 2020 goals was to find a routine and i thought back to a time when i felt my most organised and that had to be when i was at uni. Having multiple deadlines, a part-time job, volunteering, going to the gym and having a social life meant i had to be organised and to find a routine so i could manage my time between all my commitments. Since leaving uni I've completely lost all routine and organisation. I sleep in till 11, do nothing with my days then go to work in the evening.
Until now that is! It is the simplest of things that make you motivated and organised but i have found having a planner/ monthly diary to make notes and see what your plans for the week are is what keeps me organised. Writing to-do lists for the week ahead and know what tasks i have to do for that day is what is keeping me organised, motivated and productive. 


Taking time to unwind

I think this is something we are all guilty of not doing enough of. We finish work, sit in front of the TV then climb into bed and scroll on our phones then go to sleep. Meanwhile, having taken no time to properly process your day, your thoughts or what is on your mind. I have found just taking 10 minutes before i go to sleep to just listen to a either meditation music or positive affirmations to be that time i need to unwind from my day. It also puts positive thoughts into your subconscious before going to sleep, therefore not having those intrusive and negative thoughts of 'i CANT', or 'i AM a failure'.

If you are struggling to feel organised, positive, productive or capable of taking on your daily tasks then try out some of these suggestions so you too can get the clearest and most positive mindset in 2020. 


Image result for positive affirmations 'i am;"



Charlotte x

Comments

Popular Posts