2020- In Reflection

 Wow, what a year 2020 has been. I initially thought 2020 was going to be a big year, it was the year of 'seeing things clearer' and the start to a new decade. Yeahhh, didn't go how we all thought though did it!


PLEASE CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEO REACTING TO MY 2020 GOALS


Last year I wrote my 2020 Resolutions and Goals where I set out 6 'wishes' for what I intended to achieve this year. 

They were as follows;

1. Build my Confidence with driving

I'm very pleased to say this a huge TICK ✅. My confidence with driving has massively grown this year. When I think back to how I was when I was writing my 2020 goals, I was struggling even getting my car off the drive. I felt completely defeated and had given up that I was ever going to be independent. I decided to get refresher lessons which somewhat built my confidence, although most my confidence has came in the past couple of months just going out on new drives and now I feel as though I actually look forward to new drives.

2. Get a 'proper' job

Yeahhh... my '9-5' Monday-Friday job has still not been achieved. In March I got a new job as a Trainee Manager within the hotel I waitressed for. However, 2 and a half weeks in to this new role Rona hit and it set me spiralling back to waiting tables. I am lucky enough to have been able to keep the job title and salary, although I am back in the job I was trying to get out of in 2019. With this being said, although it is a cross ❌, I am incredibly lucky to still be in a job considering the current climate.

3. Get into a Routine

YES ✅ I started to get into a routine this year when I had my new job Mon-Fri so having the weekends to myself (bliss). Although since Rona I have been trying to keep up making weekly plans and to-do lists to have some sort of structure whilst being furloughed. 

4. Get back into the Gym

HA ❌


5. Take better care of myself

Yes ✅ 2020 has been the year I have had faced my mental health head on. I am beginning to acknowledge when I feel like I am slipping and proactively taking steps to deal with my mental state.


6. Save

Yes ✅ This year I have REALLY focused on my finances and where my money is actually going. 

I bought a finance spreadsheet created by Patricia Bright on YouTube which looks at all your outgoings and income within the year and WOW. Holding myself accountable for my spendings has been eyeopening. Although since doing this, and opening my LISA account I have been able to save half my deposit for my house and saved more this year than ever before. Being able to buy my phone and laptop outright whilst still being able to save for a house. It just goes to show that it doesn't matter how much you earn, it's how you spend it. I do have my boyfriend to thank for opening my eyes to how to handle my money better- thanks Lew, your the best ❤️


As a whole, Rona aside, 2020 has been a big year for personal growth and progression. It's forced us all to slow down and take a look at our lives and see it without all the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I hope 2020 has been kind to you all and here's to 2021 being a better year.



Charlotte x


Comments

Popular Posts